Congratulations to Moshe for winning the Junior High Novice section!!
1. Brian Arthur was white here. What should he play?
2. He actually played 22. Rf3 Rxc2 23. Bxc2 Qa5! How should he continue here?
3. Carlos took on h2: 15…Bxh2 16. Kh1. What should he play next?
4. The game actually continued 16…Bd6 17. Nb5 Play for black?
1. Brian has mate in 6 with 22. Rxg7 Kxg7 23. Qg4+ Kh8 24. Qe4.
2. After 22. Rf3 Rxc2 23. Bxc2 Qa5, Brian found the only winning line, 24. Qxh6 gxh6 25. Bxf6+ Kg8 26. Rg3+ Qg5 27. Bxg5. Unfortunately, he had some trouble winning the piece up ending.
3. He should continue 16..Ng4! 17. Be1 Rxb2!
4. 17. Nb5 allows black to simply take the knight, 17…cxb5, as white’s queen is then attacked.